I like it better than Hearthstone. Why? Bc I like the Vampires vs Lycans vs Humans scenario better than generic (strange) Hearthstone fantasy setting, AND bc the game is straightforward and quick.
I'm new to playing, and I'm certainly no expert, but I'd give the game 4 stars already. (It'd be a 5* game if it didn't have so many timers.)
So for you, readers, I can offer some strategy suggestions (and please comment yours), which I've gathered from gameplay and reading online a bit:
- If you're ranged, shoot. If you're melee, get up close. (With a caveat.)
- Leveling your main character can be an effective strategy. You do this by having your associates get axed (so try to get your weenies shot on the front line!!).
- I like to exchange damage every turn with their hero to speed up the game, but I get more precise when my hero is near 10 HP. 10 HP is a 1-round quick kill near the end, often easy to execute.
- I like heal cards. Hitting opponent for 4 dmg is good (altho I likely get hit back!), but healing 4 can make a disparity between us that I can exploit.
- Caveat -- if other player is ranged & I close in, I may be able to neutralize them. Likewise, of opponent is melee and I keep my hero far back, I may be able to make their melee ineffective for long enough to spray them down with bullets.
As to which cards are awesome, I can't offer a big list yet bc I'm a newbie. What are YOUR favs & why?
There IS a card that makes pawns when it recons (ie moves zones?), and another that makes pawns when it gets shot. That seems pretty sweet, esp if you can combine that with a card that pumps pawns. I don't have those cards yet, but I've gotten KO'd that way by a Lycan.
Best of luck, enjoy the game, and please tell me what you discover!!