- the combat involves me clicking the same button combo repetitively, would love a 'repeat last' command.
- animation is 'dance' or move forward & back. Guess this is like FF games?
- why are there buckets of stuff everywhere?
- why can i run back & forth I'm the same hallways & encounter more & more creatures?
- why do monsters drop chocolate? Sounds like the wrong word. Ha
- where is the 'inventory' screen with the doll? The equip & inventory & gene screens seem like they couldve all been one clever screen.
- genes are kinda interesting, but WHY are we absorbing them? Is this revealed in the story?
- char's can't jump, dodge, or move much. Basically follow the path & try to follow a VERY awkward map.
- continuous 'fade to white' with same sound effect is just lazy programming. I was annoyed after first 3x, now it's been hundreds of times.
- no options for peace. All interactions are either 'click next for next pre-written line of bad dialogue' or *ATTACK*.
- killing hundreds of dogs, worms, monkeys, elephants, giant spiders -- anyone care that this sends a really bad environmental message?
- not a lot of non-linear that I've seen.
Personally, I'd like more 'strategy game' aspects and less repetitive animations & forcing me (player) to make a character run around a path where all options are locked in anyway.
It's a very pretty game w/repetitive sounds, creatures, & gameplay. Seems like it's 1, 2, or 3 baddies vs 2 'heroes' indefinitely.
Oh yeah, and you get new nicknacks & more chocolate.
And they never EAT the chocolate?!?!
I hope someone who reads this review hears my humor written into it? Bits not just a whine-fest, really.
Use your monkey genes, fool!