FUCK SPORTS NEWS!
I don't care who won what game, or what homo-erotic pageantry moronic cretin sports-tards are obsessing over -- this is not 'news' and doesn't need to be in the News!
Dear God, who in the world lied to all these people and told them sports are somehow important?!?!?
Why am I being force-fed news about sports -- I don't care! Sports are a distraction, like the Roman colloseum Gladiator games, to give disenfranchised people stuff to think about besides the fact that they are being screwed by 'the man' (the guys with all the money)!!!
Getting upset that your team lost is like getting all worked up about the Pee-wee leagues!
Real News is supposed to be about "Life and Death" stuff, like nuclear meltdowns and empires invading non-threatening countries and killing civilians and being immune from prosecution! Real news is bribes and corruption and the US Dept of Firearms & Tobacco sending 40k full-auto weapons right to the Mexican drug cartels! Real News is the govt giving 8.5 *trillion* in bailouts to banks that claimed to "have no money" and then posting record profits AND giving out executive bonuses! (And Real News is no one going to jail for fraud about that.)
The important stuff is very different from how many goals someone got paid millions to score!
Spectator Sports 'News' (in quotes bc I scorn the term) is as useful for me as all of the completely false ads which lie about the values of dangerous products which I'm encouraged to purchase b/c they will make my life shorter and thus increase the supply of natural resources for the 'haves'.
Don't get me wrong -- I like an occasional baseball game, a football game, occasional boxing, etc. They are entertaining, sort of, in a subdued, homo-erotic way with lots of males getting their balls in the other teams holes and goals. But do I give a rats ass who wins?!?!?! NO WAY!
I don't care who kicked who's ass, I don't care about Tibow or Tiger or Serena or Lebron or Shaq or Magic or the dead college football coach with a winning streak who didn't stop his pervo coach from raping children!
I invite someone to explain to me why 'Sports News' is important...?
Whew, that RANT felt good!
Re-post here on my blog from my 4:30am FB rant, where no one will read it.
Also, copying is not piracy. We must keep our language and filter out the false phrases. One false phrase is calling copying piracy. 'Piracy' is stealing something from someone such that the owner no longer has access to that thing. 'Copying' (which has been called 'sharing' at various points) duplicates something and no one loses the use of that thing. The only losers in copying are companies who want more profit from the thing, and are willing to sacrifice and sabotage and criminalize Constitutional rights (such as freedom of press, freedom of speech) in order to force people to purchase (and re-purchase) access to content which they created.
Other bogus words include:
- "right to life" for the anti-abortion movement,
- "insurgents" for people fighting invaders of their own country,
- "terrorists" for military forces not linked to a government -- but this phrase is not applicable to mercenaries who are linked to governments (even if they may be torturing, raping, and murdering),
- "contractors" which is now mis-used to include the government use of mercenaries in foreign lands,
- "surgical strikes" which has been used to describe missiles and bombs which frequently kill civilians, hit hospitals, & kill journalists,
- "free market capitalism" which in the USA intentionally casts a blind eye to sanctioned market manipulation with policies like farm subsidies / drug war (making products illegal) / corporate buyouts / fraudulent promotions / and government bailouts of corrupt fraudulent financial institutions, but accuses other countries of violating the principle of "free markets" continually,
- "peace keepers" for foreign fighters, invaders, or neutrally-aligned foreign occupying troops,
- "illegal aliens" for descendants of native peoples who's ancestors resided on the territory which is now claimed by the descendents of the conquerors (who are attempting to erase the historical factual record and also maintain a racially biased system of immigration which is biased against non-whites)
Corporate supporters of Senate 968 (PIPA) and HR 3261 (SOPA) demand the ability to take down any web site (including craigslist, Wikipedia, or Google) that hurts their profits -- without prior judicial oversight or due process -- in the name of combating "online piracy."
PIPA and SOPA authors and supporters insist they'd only go after foreign piracy sites, but Internet Engineers understand this is an attempt to impose "Big Brother" controls on our Internet, complete with DNS hijacking and censoring search results. Incredibly, many Congress Members favor this idea.
Tell Congress you OPPOSE Senate 968 "Protect IP Act" (PIPA) and H.R. 3261 "Stop Online Piracy Act" (SOPA):
- Phone your Member of Congress via nifty Progressive Change app
- Contact Senators who are refusing to meet with constituents about PIPA.
- Reverse Robocall pro-PIPA & pro-SOPA MOC + Lobbyists (More at Ars Technica)
- EFF Congressional Emailer - Oppose Internet Blacklisting (PIPA & SOPA)
- ECA Congressional Emailer - Don't Censor Our Internet!
- OpenCongress Congressional Emailer - Oppose SOPA
- Generic Congressional Emailer (You'll need your Zip+4)
- Petition Congress - Protect Innovation, Dump SOPA (Progressive Change )
- Outside the US? Sign Petition Opposing US Censorship of Global Sites (EFF)
Supporters of PIPA and SOPA: RIAA, MPAA, News Corp, TimeWarner, Walmart, Nike, Tiffany, Chanel, Rolex, Sony, Juicy Couture, Ralph Lauren, VISA, Mastercard, Comcast, ABC, Dow Chemical, Monster Cable, Teamsters, Rupert Murdoch, Lamar Smith (R-TX), John Conyers (D-MI)
Opponents of PIPA and SOPA: Google, Yahoo, Wikipedia, craigslist, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, eBay, AOL, Mozilla, Reddit, Tumblr, Etsy, Zynga, EFF, ACLU, Human Rights Watch, Darrell Issa (R-CA), Ron Wyden (D-OR), Nancy Pelosi (D-CA), Ron Paul (R-TX)
Where does your Member of Congress stand on PIPA and SOPA? (Project SOPA Opera)
PIPA and SOPA Are Too Dangerous To Revise, They Must Be Killed Entirely
Congress needs to hear from you, or these dangerous bills will pass - they have tremendous lobbying dollars behind them, from corporations experts say are attempting to prop up outdated, anti-consumer business models at the expense of the very fabric of the Internet -- recklessly unleashing a tsunami of take-down notices and litigation, and a Pandora's jar of "chilling effects" and other unintended (or perhaps intended?) consequences.
Don't believe it? Monster Cable has labeled craigslist a "rogue site," earmarked for blacklisting and full-takedown under PIPA -- resale of stereo cables by CL users reduces Monster 's new cable sales. (reddit).
There is still time to be heard. Congress is starting to backpedal on this job-killing, anti-American nonsense, and the Obama administration has weighed in against these bills as drafted, but SOPA/PIPA cannot be fixed or revised -- they must be killed altogether.
Sen Darrell Issa (R-CA) and Rep Ron Wyden (D-OR) are championing an alternative to SOPA/PIPA called Online Protection and Enforcement of Digital Trade Act (OPEN) that addresses foreign sites dedicated to piracy, without disrupting basic Internet protocols, or threatening mainstream US sites like craigslist.
Tim O'Reilly, a publisher who is himself subject to piracy, asks whether piracy is even a problem, and whether there is even a legitimate need for any of these bills.
Learn more about SOPA, Protect IP (PIPA), and Internet Blacklisting:
- Growing Chorus of Opposition to PIPA and SOPA
- Open Letter against SOPA from 83 Prominent Internet Engineers
- Why SOPA and Protect IP (PIPA) are Bad, Bad Ideas (Techdirt)
- Piracy not a problem, PIPA and SOPA are unnecessary (Tim O'Reilly on GigaOM)
- PIPA and SOPA News (Google News)
- PIPA Wikipedia entry ::::: SOPA Wikipedia entry
- SOPA FAQ (CNET)
PODCAST w/me? Anyone? C'mon!
Brainstorm of podcast plan: Make a podcast weekly (to start) which features the following stuff:
- explicit language
- Non-bullshit info on what we think
- Arguing with media & news
- Making & playing music (stuff we make or others we know)
- Generating revenue by donors & support
- Promoting our own talent(s)
- Be similar to "Citizen Radio" podcast
- create words
- humorous elements
- talk about stuff no one is talking about
- bitch out people we don't like
- review anything we like (I like gadgets, software, apps, movies, & video stuff)
Variety of possible titles, open to voting/changing/messin' with 'em (list hidden, will share with interested parties).