I started watching Walking Dead bc my wife loves Zombie stuff & I'm a 'let's do it together' type.
Season 1 was my fav until now.
SPOILER ALERT (until the end)
Season 1 - Shane & Rich threesome
Season 2 - Country ranch
S03 - Governor pt 1 (hate him)
S04 - New disease (dull) & governor pt 2 (NoooooOooooOoo!)
S05 - quest for safety & Alexandria
Mostly I want to talk about S5E15, but there's so much to unload about Walking Dead. (And Ive read a few graphic novels from Library too.)
W zombies - I'm convinced Negan gang from comic will show up, amy minute now. Changing thrm to canibals makes sense.
Cowardly raider who caused Noah's death & also mayor's son -- The reason Glenn didn't kill him is to inject *a ton* of tension into the show, AND he isn't given enough backbone (by writers) to axe deadweight, which keeps him in the "good guy" catagory.
- Walkers eating Mayor's kid - essential bc it allows civilized folks to be very suspicious of Rick's group & makes it more legit for them to turn on Rick's group. Also the Mayor can now be less rational.
- Wife beater surgeon Pete - flawed writing, a very 'on the nose' way of putting Rick into Shane's role but having him somehow 'heroic' -- even though he has a crush. Despite my total disagreement with Carol (when she said Rick had to kill Pete), at least she is consistent: 'Survival at all costs, and no middle ground.' Rick can't wear the badge anymore bc he is missing a few marbles since his wife croaked (but at least she doesnt visit the show anymore!).
- Carl & survivor girl -- if they can get in and out so easily, the town aint safe. If they cant get back in, they shouldve been discovered. (I'm *totally uninterested* in their coming romance!)
- Carol and kid -- while it comes off as humor, her threatening that kid was pretty dark stuff (esp when you consider her background). Now she is befriending him bc his Dad is a bad dad. Dunno.
- Daryl and amazingly bland (& gay) Aaron roaming the wild -- unless Aaron is around to get killed, I find him annoying. Darryl is a fav. Wish they didn't have to kill Merle, but he was a racist lowlife.
- Noah -- I was happy he went, not much in that character except a missing leg.
- Michonne KO's Rick -- I liked it, made sense. Rick waving his gun around, assaulting the doc, and his rant was all like a crazy man. Remember, Rick hit Carl in the fight too, making him no better than Doc Pete in a way.
- Missed Maggie, but barely noticed. Missed mullet nerd Eugene and red-head army musclehead Abraham, and was ok with it bc they are so 2 dimensional. Missed bad Priest, wish he would go bye bye -- priests in zombie flick$ = fodder.
- Lastly, Sasha shooting zombies. Its annoying. She's annoying. Wish they gave her more to work with for backstory! Can we have some multiracial love on the show besides Glenn and Maggie?